Sunday, July 18, 2010

Goal 86: Santa Fe Wine Festival

This is a bit outdated by now, but I've got some catching up to do, alright?

On July 3rd and 4th, the Santa Fe Wine Festival was up and running. I had never been to a true wine festival that wasn't Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival, and for a peasy little price of $13.00 for entrance and wine glass, I thought it a great way to spend the day.

Goal 86: Refine my wine tasting palette


At the wine festival we were given the wine glasses, and simply went from booth to booth, getting samples and tastes of wine from around New Mexico. We tasted lots of excellent wines, from dry sparkling whites to dark chocolaty desert reds. Whit decided she liked dry wines much more, while I always knew I was a fan of the wetter wines.


Also while at the wine festival, we sampled some foods, and even got a free back rub with some nice natural rubs. I bought some goat milk feta cheese in oil, that was pungent, salty, and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment