Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Goal 19: Own a nice DSLR camera

Whit was checking Craigslist for something for some reason. I'm at a loss as to why, but I know that it gave me a good idea to check out the photo+video for some nice cameras. Within minutes I found three camera packages that I was willing to spend money on. Two D60s and a D80, all with various additions like lenses or cases. I responded to all of them, but heard back from only one within the morning.

The gentleman's package featured a battery grip and an extra, old, high speed lens. I was able to talk him down to $475.00, and we met in a Target parking lot. Whit decided that she wanted to spend her money on the camera, so she withdrew the appropriate funds and the exchange was made at Target. During the interaction, the man mentioned how all Nikon lenses will fit on Nikon cameras, but Canon doesn't roll the same way. This was a crucial revelation in my decision to purchase a Nikon.

When I got home, I decided to check out another popular venue for cameras after Googling... Ebay. I searched for Nikon cameras and very quickly I found a packaged Nikon D40 for $320.00. I bid on it, knowing I would be at work the next day when bidding ended, and that I would miss the chance to bid again. It was a rash decision, but I only bid $330, ten over what the auction was at.

I came home the next day to an email in my inbox saying I had won the auction. About a week later my camera came in the mail, complete with a brand new case and three new lens filters.



No comments:

Post a Comment