Sunday, January 10, 2010

01/10/10-101/1001

Today I've established a list of goals to be completed before October 7th, 2012. 101 goals in 1001 days. They can be seen, along with my progress as to which have been completed here:


Today is day zero. I am in Durango, CO, about to head back to Albuquerque, NM. The list is heavy with places to visit and things to do, especially places to see while I'm studying in Sweden (and even a goal to study in a foreign country). It also includes many goals that I currently have, and that I've had for a while now. But it also has personal goals based on family and love too.

I'm a man of lists, but oftentimes a man of many uncompleted lists. I typically jot down weekly or daily to-dos with about a 75% completion rate. This provides a nice chance to have some of my biggest goals, some of the biggest pieces to my five year plan, put down for everyone to see, and ready for me to check off when appropriate.

It's a good thing to embark on this mission just days before I embark on one of the biggest events of my life (so far). Three days to go. I'll be driving miles to see the one that I love, I'll be finishing my engineering paper, and I'll be saying goodbye to my family and friends (oh yeah, and packing and getting ready to leave the United States of America).

In addition, I feel that it's appropriate that the time period ends days after my 25th birthday. I am aware of what Einstein once said about personal gain:

"You will become everything you will ever be by the time you're 25" (or something like that)

I can't say for sure, but I do believe this will be true. As people grow older, their ideas become more concreted in their mind, and unless they are able to find themselves in the habit of growth and progress, they will discontinue development after age 25. It seems easy to tell how people will turn out when they are young, but people do change. I just don't think many people change much after 25.

It's been a fast paced few weeks, errr, few months. It'll be an accomplished next 1001 days.

Status:

No comments:

Post a Comment